North West updated 28/4/09
there will be 3 FREE training events around the North West:
Thursday 14 May 10.00 – 16.00
Chester Cathedral Education Room
Monday 20 July 10.00 – 16.00
Tuesday 28 July 10.00 – 16.00
The Dock Museum, Barrow-in-Furness
The Learning Outside the Classroom ‘quality badge’ has now gone live and the time has come to look at what this means for your organisation.
These training events will be practical sessions which will help you to get on with the process of applying for the badge.
Who is this event for?
These events is for museums, galleries, archives, libraries, cathedrals and historic houses and sites. They are open to everyone, not just GEM members.
The events are intended for the members of staff or volunteers who will be going through the process of applying for the badge
The events will cover
• A brief background to what the badge is and why it is important
• Practical activities to help you understand the requirements of the badge
• Advice and tips on getting your badge
• Assessment and action planning which will enable you to go back to your organisation and get your badge!
Before you attend an event you can
• Register on the website www.lotcqualitybadge.org.uk
• Look at the website for information on the Quality Badge